The Yoga Foundation Course is designed to deepen your knowledge, develop your practice and further study yoga in its ancient tradition.
50 hours of training spread over 3 months (6 x live group zoom Sessions 3.5hrs divided into 1 Chanting, 2 Theory sessions, 1 Practice with breaks) accompanied by pre recorded online learning and videos with no formal homework.
The course runs over 6 Fridays:
- First Session: Fri 15th Jan 2021 (4:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Second Session: Fri 29th Jan 2021 (4:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Third Session: Fri 12th Feb 2021 (4:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Fourth Session: Fri 26th Feb 2021 (4:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Fifth Session: Fri 12th Mar 2021 (4:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Final Session: Fri 26th Mar 2021 (4:00pm – 7:30pm)
All times are GMT.
- 6 x 3.5hrs group zoom meetings (Chanting, Theory x2 & Practice)
- Handouts for all theory study and chanting
- Access to recordings of all sessions for 6 months so if you miss a session you can follow it later on
- Pre-recorded online learning and videos
Each meeting consists of 4 sessions:
- 4:00 – 4:30pm (Chanting)
- 4:30 – 5:30pm (Theory)
- 5:45 – 6:45pm (Theory)
- 7:00 – 7:30pm (Practice)
Students looking at expanding their understanding and knowledge of the Viniyoga approach.
It is the ideal base to start on the path of The Yoga Teacher Training Course.
It is also a first step for teachers from different traditions to train and use the unique and specific methodology of Viniyoga of Yoga applied to individual teaching and yoga therapy.
The Foundation course will cover and introduce a variety of subjects in a comprehensive, practical and enjoyable approach, including:
- Principles of Asana (posture)
- Principles of Pranayama (breathing exercise) & meditation
- Principles of Practice & Introduction to Practice Planning
- Principles of the philosophy of Yoga Sutra
- Yoga background
- On completion of the course you will be awarded the Foundation certificate from Sadhana Mala.
Note this course is not a teaching qualification.