Antenatal Yoga and birth preparation courses are taught in a safe, positive, noncompetitive and nurturing environment. They can be taken in private lessons or group classes. Antenatal yoga sessions are suitable for all and do not require any prior yoga experience and you can join from 14 weeks into your pregnancy.
The 6 week program includes:
- Adapted Yoga postures to prepare you body for birth (strength and flexibility);
- Active Birth Techniques and Birth Preparation to support you naturally and gently during labour;
- Breathing techniques to help you stay centered and calm during labour and throughout your pregnancy;
- Handouts given for you to keep;
- Positive affirmations, meditation, visualisation and pranayama (breathing exercises) to consolidate strength and mental toughness;
- Using the psychology of the Yoga Sutras philosophy of Patanjali to support mental well-being and clarity.
Practice makes perfect, the goal being to make these techniques like second skin to support you during labour.
Mum of 2 children, Emilie is a Certified Antenatal Yoga teacher and a member of three approved associations IFY, AYS and IAYT.
If you want to try before you commit, you can join us for a trial session at a cost of £12 (deducted from the price of 6 block booking package if you decide to book for the rest of the program).
Remember to bring your yoga mat and inflated exercise ball very firm and hard to the touch (anti-burst 75cm).